Friday, June 27, 2008

Waggling with the Wii

This one needs an explanation--I was trying to think of subject matter for my poem to post tonight, and my boyfriend was playing with his Nintendo Wii in the background, which involves a lot of flailing around. I always call it "waggling" when he plays, so he suggested I write a poem about him playing with his Wii (I know, great punnage abounds in THAT sentence). So I wrote this one in about three minutes, and I really think it should count as my offering for today. :)


(He wants you all to know that he loves it, and he wants it put on his tombstone). 


********



Tedd waggles;

Flopping his arms helplessly, 

like birds

like fish

like someone dying


Tedd waggles;

pixelated opponents tremble

pixelated opponents fall

pixelated opponents

are defeated.


Tedd waggles;

the living room is afire

with false applause

with artificial blows

with the silent whisper

of this 

Modern Age.

1 comment:

story teller said...

this is so wii-nderful! Ted waggling is my fav. yey ted! yey wii. the big question is are you guys online with your wii so we can play wii games with each other?
love
bel